Dbvisit 5.3.12 released
5.3.12 (2 May 2011)
- Automatically run Dbvisit archive log gap (dbvisit -i) when Dbvisit is run on the primary server. Can be turned off with variable RUN_INSPECT.
- Remove temporary Dbvisit files and closing shared database session after creation of standby database.
- Archive management log name can now be set in DDC file with ARCHSOURCE_LOG and ARCHDEST_LOG. If not set then default value is _arch_management.log
- Global RECOVERY_PARALLELISM introduced to control parallelism for database recovery.
- Misleading message regarding the DDC file name when BINDIR set to wrong location - fixed.
- Extra comma removed from an sql query to obtain DDR version.
- Dbvisit errors when the last non archived sequence cannot be obtained from data dictionary on the primary - fixed by setting sequence as max archived sequence +1.
- Improved locking introduced to control locking when previous version of dbvisit executable is still running.
- Do not send log gap report when TRANSFER_LOG table empty or with -R option - this disables copying installation to the standby.
- Global RECOVER_NOPARALLEL11 made redundant and removed.
- A query to obtain log_archive_dest for Oracle 8/9 changed to accommodate various values that optimizer_mode can be set to.
- Global variables related to a server role (primary or standby) rather than a server name, are now not reversed after Graceful Switchover (GS).
- Dbvisit does not handle creating standby database with filesystem OMF files using transportable media - fixed. Now uses RMAN COPY command instead of operating system COPY command.
- Bug with with managing trace file. Managing archives and traces should be separate and should not interfere or be dependent upon each other - fixed.
Last edited by Arjen Visser; 05-05-2011 at 12:22 PM.